PGDM in Media & Communication in pune
Get Program Overview
What is PGDM in Media and Communication Management?
Television, broadcast, streaming media, radio, films, sporting events, sports, out-of-home, and music are all part of the fast-growing and ever-evolving media and entertainment industry. PGDM in Media and Communication Management is associated with Media & Entertainment and addresses different facets of general management. Students who complete the two-year programme will be prepared to work as company administrators and leaders focusing on media and entertainment.
Why PGDM in Media and Communication Management?
PGDM in Media and Communication Management has been recognized over the last few decades as one of the most successful and evolving courses by leading corporations. This course students who are interested in this field a chance to evolve their career in Media Industry. According to a poll, 81 percent of businesses in this field of media management choose to employ PGDM graduates. Hence this course has seen a high upsurge in the number of applicants in recent years.
Why PGDM in Media and Communication Management at ISB&M?Overview
The PGDM in Media and Communication in Pune examines the effect of all types of media on industry, culture, and society. The curriculum covers an in-depth understanding of digital media and mainstream entertainment as per the changing political economy. The curriculum promotes an advanced approach towards media and businesses, helping students learn important skills to succeed in today's ever-changing technical and knowledge-based society.
The PGDM in Media and Communication in Pune follows a very practical, value-driven and immersive process. Daily classrooms are based on knowledge creation in a two-way process. The faculty and students collaborate through live case studies, actual business projects and case study analysis related to the world of offline and online media.
Important Learning goals for students from this course are:
- LG1: To gain hands-on exposure with digital platforms and develop a niche in the media marketing approach
- LG2: To develop skills in thinking and writing for businesses
- LG3: To Analyze mass media consumption in business practices
- LG4 To analyze media information, synthesize ideas into creative business solutions
- LG5: To critique, be self-reflective and respond to media, society, culture and experiences of the immediate business world
The PGDM in Media and Communication Management curriculum was carefully designed with market demands, current shortages, and future criteria in mind. The program's courses combine Media and Communication functions, resulting in an application-based management model. The entire program is divided into six trimesters and two years.
Each Trimester approximately goes on for three months. A student is required to complete 135 credits courses to complete PGDM Programme. The Course curriculum comprises core courses and an elective course. The list of the subjects for PGDM in Media and Communications are as shown below:
Course outline of outcome written below each course names
1. Principles of Digital Communications trimester IICourse outline of outcome written below each course names :
- Introduction to social media, digital media and virtual worlds
- Gathering online information and organization of the same
- Creation of Digital content
- Knowledge of digital ecosystem
2. Introduction to Mass Communication trimester II
- History of major mass media industry viz.TV, newspaper, Radio, Film and Advertising
- Analysing mass media consumption in business practices
- Creation of media reports, press release and journalistic texts
3. Visual communication and Photography Trimester III
- Understanding semiotics in photography and poster ads.
- Skill in photography and digital design-making
- Content generating for photography/design-making
- Understanding marketing imagery
4. Motion graphics trimester III
- Corel Draw learning tools
- Corel Basics
- Artistic effects
- Working With Text
- Colour Management Tools
- Drawing and Modifying Shapes
5. Media planning and execution III.
- The introduction to media planning
- Models of media planning
- Calculating of ROI based on past media reach
- Planning of digital media plan and execution
- Strategic media planning in businesses.
6. Scriptwriting and Videography trimester III
- Introduction to film and television screenplay structure
- Learn the techniques of video making and post production
- Analyze film, television, adverts forms of videos
- Create video projects
7. Creative strategy and Business planning trimester IV
- Understand the pre- advertising stage of planning creative strategy
- Creation of a creative brief
- Understanding emotional appeals and advertising tones
8. Social media and content management trimester IV
- Introduction to social media strategy
- Understanding pattern of buying behavior, tapping interests and attitudes based on preference based views and likes on social media
- Key terminology, goals, targeting budgets
- Copy and Visuals- email marketing
- Social Media ethics
9. Campaign Planning and Inbound Marketing trimester IV
- Start to finish campaign planning procedure, pre to post campaign based on product/business life cycle span
- Imparting in-depth knowledge on customer engagement
- Understanding paid v/s organic campaign and planning accordingly
- Marketing team collaboration
10. Advertising agency and account management V
- Introduction to Advertising Management, the objectives, concepts, dynamics
- Overall campaign planning and the need for positioning and integration in media required for awareness, brand image and sales of products and services of manufacturing and marketing companies
- Execution of creative and media strategies, accordingly at marketplace and right media activities for desired impact and results.
- The role, structure and management in creative and media planning and execution/activities in each media, within the given brief and defined advertising objectives.
- Research on advertising issues -- for right targeting, creativity, media selection, and achieving a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Role and responsibilities of creative, client service and media professionals and departments in
- the Client organization and Ad Agency. Evaluating performance of the advertising and ad campaigns within the overall marketing and strategies.
- Ethics and Corporate Governance issues in marketing and advertising.
11. Introduction to film making. V
- Story, idea, concept and plot
- Developing scenes
- Crafts of light and sound
- Discussing and creating short film for agencies
12. Public Relations and Corporate Communications trimester VI
- The planning and execution of strategies for building strong all round corporate image and reputation.
- Tackling real life PR strategies and actions in Corporates, PR agencies and Media organisations by applying the principles offered – internal and external, and in the offline and online media.
- Knowledge base on the different PR communications -- types, available and offered, draw on implications for development of the right and effective strategies, and the actual communications at corporates in the marketplace.
- Critically analyze corporate PR problems/situations, and their application in order to develop, recommend and execute the concepts and strategies in real life situations, on the job.
13. Branding and Promotion strategy trimester VI
- Principle and basic concepts of brands and inter related marketing communication process
- Learning brand influences on other marketing functions and other promotional activities.
- Analysing and evaluating the fast-changing field of advertising and promotion which affects global marketing, society and economy.
- Developing positive communication skills by extending the marketing communication approaches and techniques into effective marketing strategy and programs which are necessary to communicating to target audiences.
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (for General category) and 45% marks (for Reserved Category) having Indian nationality. Candidates appearing for final year bachelor's degree examinations can also apply to complete all degree requirements by September 30, 2021. All AICTE programmes require a test score (CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT) and 50% in graduation.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Media and Communication) is a two-year residential program in Pune.
Job opportunities after PGDM in Media and Communications ManagementSome of the common job opportunities provided after completing a PGDM in Media and Communication in Pune are listed below.
- Media Manager
- Media Strategist
- Marketing & Branding Executive
- PR Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Brand Manager